“Summer Glory” is Oklahoma Embroidery’s (OESD) newest tile scene embroidery collection. This beautiful embroidered piece of art is exclusively designed by Dona Gelsinger. Her attention to detail is exquisite as it comes to life now with thread. The Summer Glory embroidery collection is available for immediate download HERE or visit your local OESD retailer to purchase a CD. Be sure to scroll down for a link to a HUGE DISCOUNT on the stabilizer needed for this project.
Summer Glory Finished Size: 25″ x 33″
OESD have been designing holiday and christmas tile scenes for years. Their expert digitizers carefully cut life-size embroidered artwork into manageable 5″ x 7″ hoopings. After embroidering one of each block, follow the stitching lines to precisely align each detail back together for an amazing, framable piece of art. Click here to see OESD’s entire tile scene collections.
Summer Glory is the first official summertime tile scene release! So for those of you who can’t wait for the holidays, this embroidery collection should hold you over.
Tile Scene Embroidery Tips for Summer Glory
- Successful tile scene embroidery starts with the right stabilizer. These embroidery designs have very high stitch counts and the fabric must be prepared properly. Without proper stabilization, these works of art will pucker like the dickens.
- The fusible woven stabilizer is a must for all cotton fabrics.
- Use two layers of heavy tear-away stabilizer hooped WITH the fabric.
- Test embroidery designs on the desired fabric using the selected stabilizer prior to cutting everything out.
- Change needles after each full day of embroidery. We use Embroidery size 90/14 needles.
- After the embroidery is complete, remove the excess stabilizer to the edge of the stitching. Then, trim away excess fabric 1⁄2” away from the “Seam Line.”
- Use a 1/2″ seam allowance when sewing blocks together.
- OESD’s Perfect Embroidery Press Cloth helps press puckers out of embroidered fabric, absorbs steam when using a steam iron, and prevents embroidery stitches from getting shiny or crushed by the weight and heat of an iron. The OESD Perfect Embroidery Press Cloth can also be used as a traditional press cloth – place project right side up on ironing surface and place press cloth over the top of the project especially when ironing bulky seams.
Summer Glory Stabilizer Bundle – BEST PRICE
And, it includes 3 additional tile scene embroidery collections on a CD!
This Tiling Scene Stabilizer Bundle includes:
- 1 Roll of Fusible Woven stabilizer
- 2 Rolls of Heavy Weight TearAway
- 1 Tiling Scene Bundle CD: A Vintage Autumn, Poinsettia Tiling Scene, and Visions of Summer
Master Your Embroidery Machine Today
If you and your embroidery machine are not besties yet, our Embroidery Essentials Online Course is the fastest way to go from zero to HERO. When you and your embroidery machine are best friends, embroidery collections like these tile scenes are easy. One of the lessons in this course is how to create a tile scene. (See the center block). We hope to see you in class soon!