NEXT FIBER EXCHANGE: JANUARY 15, MAY 15, and SEPTEMBER 15, 2024
A Fiber Exchange is when a large group of sewists each buys a skein of yarn (or in this Fiber Exchange, three skeins), cut it into shorter useable lengths (10 feet/3 meters from each skein), and then swap the fibers between other participants. The result is that each person ends up with a wide variety of fibers to try out for couching or surface embellishment projects. You will end up with 60 different fibers from the Fiber Exchange.
If you would like a variety of yarns and novelty fibers to use in future projects without spending a ton of money, then join us for the Sewing Mastery Stitching Cosmos 2024 Fiber Exchange! A Fiber Exchange is a cost-effective way to increase your fiber collection by exchanging it with 20 other people.
NEW – FREE ONLINE COURSE
How to Participate
- This Fiber Exchange is open to all enrolled Stitching Cosmo Online Course students and anyone who wants to HAVE FUN WITH FIBERS.
- The next Fiber Exchanges will be on January 15, May 15, and September 15, 2024.
- Mail Fiber Exchange fibers to Sara’s store, Heirloom Creations in Sioux Falls, SD.
- Select THREE fun, couchable yarns (no boring yarns).
- Wrap 10 feet (3 meters) of each color onto one card. Make 20 sets.
- Write/print your first name, city, and state on each card. It will be fun to see where all the fibers come from.
- Place all fibers in a large zip lock bag with your name on the bag.
- Mail a total of 20 wrapped cards.
- To help streamline return Priority Mail shipping, please include $10 cash to cover all postage and packaging.
- Print off the following page and include it with your fibers.
- Upon arrival, we will take batches of 20 participants at a time, and return one of each fiber to you from 20 different people.
International Fiber Exchange Participates
- Please include a PayPal account e-mail address and we will bill you for the correct postage to ship the fibers back to you.
- Include a SELF-ADDRESSED envelope WITHOUT postage.
Questions? E-Mail us at email@example.com
Sewing Mastery’s Fiber Exchange
C/O Heirloom Creations
3800 S Western Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
United States of America
- I am currently enrolled in the Bernina, Husqvarna Viking, or the Pfaff Stitching Cosmos online course, I am an Heirloom Creations customer or I just want to have fun with fibers.
- I have included 20 cards wrapped with three different FUN fibers.
- I have included 10 FEET (3 meters) of each fiber.
- I have written my first name, city, and state on each card.
- I have placed my fiber exchange items in a zip-lock bag.
- I have printed my name on the zip lock bag.
- I have included $10 cash to cover all postage and packaging.
- International participants – PayPal account e-mail address for invoicing of postage.
What if I am Not a Stitching Cosmos Online Course Student?
That’s Simple…Enroll today so you can participate in the Stitching Cosmos Fiber Exchange. Click here to learn more about what the Stitching Cosmos online Course is all about.
Can I Host My Own Fiber Exchange Locally?
Of course! This is not a new idea…a Fiber Exchange can be hosted through any quilt guild, sewing guild, local sewing store, or even your own sewing group. Come up with your own guidelines and suggestions to get the most out of the process of exchanging fibers between friends.
We would love to see pictures of your own Fiber Exchange!
Fiber Exchange 2024…Ready, Set, Shop!
Head out to your favorite yarn store today and find three yarns to exchange with others from around the world!